The Defensive Shotgun Tactics 1 course is designed for students with both prior experience (such as using a shotgun for years as a hunter, a competitor, or in a Law Enforcement capacity) and with no prior experience. The course will teach students how to employ a shotgun to protect their family and loved ones.
The Defensive Shotgun Tactics 1 course is eight (8) hours of entry-level shotgun training at a shooting range. Our goal is to equip students with the tools to effectively, safely, and competently employ what is considered to be the most versatile tool in one’s arsenal. The skills taught in this specific course are geared for defensive situations both inside and outside the home.
Prior to taking the Defensive Shotgun Tactics 1 each student is required to complete Defensive Handgun Tactics 1 or an equivalent Level 1 course through a reputable company and demonstrate intermediate-level competency with a handgun.
The culmination of the course consists of engaging multiple targets both near and far.
– Shotgun 12GA or 20GA (The course is optimized for Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 style shotguns, but we can accommodate whatever you have).
– Ammo holder or mounted side saddle
– 75 rounds of 00 Buck
– 75 rounds of Birdshot
– 20 rounds of Slug
– Duty rated handgun
– 2 Magazines
– Magazine pouch
– 50 Rounds of pistol ammo
– Belt and suitable clothing (range is outdoors, dress for the weather)
– Shoes with good lateral support
– Knee pads (optional)
– Sunscreen (weather dependent)
– Hat with visor
– Eye and ear protection
– Lunch, snacks, and drinks (refrigeration is unavailable. There is a market nearby for purchasing lunch)
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/eye & ear protection) is available for an additional fee and with advanced notice.
All firearms must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/ear & eye protection) is available for an additional cost.