NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous pistol shooting experience.
NRA membership is not required for this course.
– Valid form of government issued Photo ID
– 50 rounds of ammunition* (ammunition can be purchased from any local gun shop or sporting good retailer)
– Electronic ear protection and eye protection*
– Weather appropriate attire (closed-toed shoes, no low cut shirts)
– Sunscreen (weather dependent)
– Hat with visor
– Snacks and drinks
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/protection) is available with advanced notice.
If you do not currently own a handgun, we have handgun rentals that include ammunition as an option that you can select when signing up for this course. We recommend that if you do not own a handgun then take the course using one of our rentals. This will assist new shooters in learning what they need and want out of a firearm before they make a purchase.
All firearms brought to this course must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.