Tactical Carbine Rifle Course
Tactical Carbine Rifle Course in Oregon is an entry-level course that focuses on how to employ a carbine rifle in an urban environment.
Whether you are a new shooter, combat veteran, or anything in between, there is something for you in this class.
We begin by going over different style carbines, gear, optics, and accessories.
Our goal is to help you figure out the optimum setup for the environment you may find yourself in.
We will also advise you on what kinds of equipment to avoid.
After that, we begin a discussion on mindset and philosophies of use when employing a firearm for self-defense.
At that point, we move straight into our dry fire portion.
During this time we go over proper weapons handling, loading/unloading, and malfunction clearing.
Once those skills are built we move into our live fire portion.
This section begins with establishing a zero and accuracy analysis.
Our qualified staff will give you individual guidance to ensure you have the tools for success during the duration of the class.
We then cover the different stances, methods of movement, shooting from kneeling/prone positions, shooting around cover, distance shooting drills, transitioning to your secondary weapon, and multi-target acquisition drills.
As your pistol will be used minimally during the class, taking Tactical Handgun 1 Course prior is not required, but it is “strongly” encouraged.
You do not need an AR-15 style rifle for this class as we can accommodate whatever platform you bring. (AK, FAL, Tavor, Steyer AUG, Sig 556, Galil, HK, Ruger Mini 14/30 etc)
Required Gear for the Tactical Carbine Rifle Course in Oregon:
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection (Howard Leights, etc.)
- Carbine Rifle
- 2+ Carbine Magazines (Factory or PMag recommended)
- Magazine Pouch or Chest Rig (Recommended Chest Rigs: Voodoo tactical, condor, etc.)
- Sling (Recommended: Magpul, etc.)
- 320 Rounds of Carbine Ammunition
- Holster designed for your handgun (universal holsters are not recommended)
- 2 handgun magazines (Factory or PMag)
- 50 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Suitable Belt
- Clothing adequate for weather and allows for movement (Pants and high collared shirts are recommended)
- Hydration source
- Lunch (refrigeration is unavailable. There is a market nearby for purchasing lunch)
- Sunscreen (weather Dependant)
- Hat with visor
- Kneepads (if you have issues kneeling on the ground)
Carbine (AR-15) rental (which includes ammo and gear) may be available with advanced notice for an additional cost.
Carbine (AR-15) / Handgun rental (which includes ammo and gear) may be available with advanced notice for an additional cost.
HR 218 Annual Qualification for retired law enforcement may be available with advanced notice for an additional cost.
Tactical Carbine Rifle Course in Oregon
RECENT STUDENT REVIEWS
“With no prior experience, the class was amazing and very evenly paced. The instructor was very friendly, knowledgeable, open, and humor was appropriate to the subject.”
“Donovan was excellent. All around good sense of humor while teaching skills remained phenomenal.”
“The class was very educational. I learned info on some grey areas that I hadn’t learned.”