Oregon Concealed Handgun License near Eugene & Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Lecture Class near Eugene and Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming OR CHL Lecture Class in Lane County provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!
Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Lecture Class near Eugene and Springfield Oregon meets the requirements set forth by your county Sheriff’s office to apply for your Oregon concealed handgun license. This is a lecture-only class. No firearms and ammunition are needed for this course.
OR CHL Lecture Class in Eugene and Springfield Oregon is a comprehensive look at what is involved with lawfully carrying a handgun concealed. The information that is delivered in this training is cited from the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST). This period of instruction is approximately 5 hours long and is delivered by certified firearms instructors.
Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Lecture Class in Eugene and Springfield Oregon gives students the ability to apply for the Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHLs). Upon successful completion of this class students will be provided with a certificate of completion of a firearms safety class, which is required to apply for the above listed Concealed Handgun Licenses.
The application paperwork for the Oregon CHL is obtained from the applicant’s local county Sheriff’s Office website. Classes are scheduled regularly on our training calendar. With advanced notice, local private classes can be set up for parties of 7 or more at our training facility.
Individuals applying for an Oregon Concealed Handgun License need the following:
- An appointment with the local Sheriff’s office to submit an application (if applicable)
- Certification of completion of a firearms safety class (obtained at this class)
- Valid Oregon ID/Drivers License with current address
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Completed county application (obtained on your local county Sheriff’s Office website)
- DD 214 (if prior military)
Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Lecture Class in Eugene and Springfield Oregon covers the following topics:
- 4 firearms safety rules
- Proper storage and transportation
- Proper firearms handling
- Operation and selection of the 5 main types of handguns
- How to properly clean and maintain your firearm
- Ammunition types and selection
- Concealment considerations
- Civil and criminal laws pertaining to carrying concealed
- Use of force laws
- Decision-making process for use of deadly force
- Constitutional law
- Interacting with law enforcement
- Legal backing considerations
- Where you can and cannot carry your firearm
- Responsibilities associated with firearms ownership
Individuals who are wanting to attend this Oregon Concealed Handgun Lecture Class in Eugene and Springfield Oregon are required to sign up on the website prior to the class date. Upon initial sign up for the class, students will receive a confirmation email outlining date, time and location, and will additionally receive a confirmation text message prior to the class.
Our instructors are always available to answer any questions students may have even after the initial class has been taken. The best way to get in contact with our team is either by phone or contact form.
- Valid Form of Photo ID
Note: Firearms and ammunition are not required for this course.
You may also like…
Introduction to Handgun near Eugene & Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next Introduction to Handgun Course near Eugene and Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming Introduction to Handgun Course in Lane County provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!