DFI Security Training Academy near Eugene & Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next Security Training Academy near Eugene and Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming Security Training Academy in Lane County provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!
Defensive Firearms Instruction (DFI) Security Training Academy near Eugene and Springfield Oregon include all of the basic training required for most Private Security work in Oregon.
DFI Security Training Academy includes the following training courses and classes:
- DPSST 14-hour Unarmed Security Training Course
- DPSST 24-hour Armed Security Training Course
- Defensive Firearms Instructions Tactical Handgun 2 Course,
- AHA First Aid/ CPR/ AED Course
- Stop the Bleed and Blood Borne Pathogens Course
- ASP Handcuff Course
- ASP Expandable Baton Course
- OC/ Pepper Spray Course
This gives students the ability to go through and get all of the necessary training and certifications completed within a 2-week timeframe to give students the best opportunity to obtain employment in the Private Security Industry.
All equipment and necessary gear are included in the cost of the DFI Security Training Academy.
Students are encouraged to contact Defensive Firearms Instruction by phone or by email prior to registering for the course if they wish to go through the Academy utilizing their own gear to obtain the correct pricing for the Academy.
It is important to remember that class fees are paid directly to Defensive Firearms Instruction, which is separate from the state certification fee which is paid to DPSST Private Security upon submitting the application for the DPSST Unarmed and DPSST Armed Security Certifications.
The state fee of $106.25, which needs to be made out to “DPSST Private Security”, can be made payable by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check.
Each student has to submit their application within 180 days of the completion of the course and the DPSST Unarmed Security Certification is good for a period of two years.
Applicants are not authorized to work as a Private Security Professional until their application has been submitted and they either have their physical card in hand and are listed with a company or have received a PS-20 (temporary work permit) from their employer and a copy has been submitted to DPSST.
Individuals who are certified as a Private Security Professional can renew their certification 180 days prior to their certification expiring. Refresher training consists of 4-hours of in-class training.
- All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly by clicking here.
- Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Personal/Business check
- Money Order
- Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization; be done by Clicking Here.
- Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
- A valid form of Photo Identification