DPSST Armed Refresher Course in Eugene Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to attend the best DPSST Armed Refresher Course in Eugene Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming DPSST Armed Refresher Course in Eugene Oregon!
The DPSST Armed Refresher Course consists of no less than 4 hours of required training, which needs to be completed annually. The course consists of a lecture portion covering all key topics that were taught in the initial 24 hour DPSST Armed Security Course and a closed book 30 question written examination. The course also includes the DPSST Private Security Safe Gun Handling Assessment, in addition to the DPSST Private Security Handgun Proficiency Qualification Course. Individuals will have three attempts to successfully complete the DPSST Private Security Safe Gun Handling Assessment as well as the DPSST Private Security Handgun Proficiency Qualification Course.
Upon completion of the DPSST Armed Security Refresher Course, each student will be provided all required paperwork which will need to be submitted to DPSST’s Private Security Division.
- PS-6 Training Affidavit (white copy goes to DPSST/Yellow copy goes to employer)
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- PS-23 Change of Information (if applicable)
Armed Security Professionals are required to complete the refresher training and qualify each year by no later than the anniversary of their last successful qualification, which may be different than their renewal date. If an Armed Security Professional has completed the annual training a year prior to their certification expiration, they only need to submit the above mentioned paperwork with no additional state fees.
The Unarmed Security Certification and the Armed Certification are independent certifications. If an Armed Security professional’s certifications are expiring, they would need to take both the Unarmed 4 hour refresher as well as the Armed 4 hour refresher.
It is important to remember that class fees/range fees are paid directly to Defensive Firearms Instruction, which is separate from the state certification fee, which is paid to DPSST Private Security upon submitting the application. The state fee of $65.00 which needs to be made out to “DPSST Private Security”, can be made payable by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check. If an individuals Armed certification has been expired for less than 90 days, that individual would be required to submit an additional $25.00 late fee to DPSST Private Security with their application and would not be able to work armed until the application has been submitted to DPSST. If an individual has been expired for more than 90 days, that individual would be required to retake the full 24 hour DPSST Armed Security Course. Each student is required to submit their Armed refresher application prior to their expiration date.
- All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly.
- Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit card
- Personal/Business check
- Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization; be done by Clicking Here.
- Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment, contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Semi-automatic duty sized handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 Auto, .357 Sig, 10mm (no revolvers)
- Holster, two magazines and magazine pouch
- 150+ rounds of handgun ammunition (Lead free for indoor range)
- Suitable Belt
- Clothing adequate for weather and allows for movement (pants preferred)
- Hydration source
Northwest Arsenal Ammunition Costs:
9mm – $15.99/50
.40 S&W – $21.49/50
.45 ACP – $24.99/50
10MM – $35.00/50
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/hearing & eye protection) is available with advanced notice.