DPSST Armed Security Course in Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next DPSST Armed Security Course in Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming DPSST Armed Security Course in Springfield provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!
The DPSST Armed Security Course is a 24 hour class, which is broken into three 8 hour days. The first two days consist of in-depth classroom based lectures. Topics include:
- Firearm safety
- Handgun nomenclature
- Ammunition types and selection
- Weapons maintenance
- Gear considerations
- Officer responsibilities
- Legal definitions
- Proper decision making
- Use of force
- Interacting with Law Enforcement
- Post shooting procedures
- Decision making scenarios
At the end of the second day students will take a 30 question closed book test. Students must successfully complete the two days of lecture and written test before they will be permitted to attend the range portion of the training.
We begin the third day with a safety brief and by going over the mindset and philosophies regarding defensive use of handguns. The next segment of the course is focused on dry fire manipulations, during which time we cover the following topics:
- proper placement of gear
- loading/unloading and press checking
- drawing and holstering
- after action response
- ready positions
- moving with firearm in ready positions
- emergency reloads
- tactical reloads
- clearing malfunctions
- fundamentals of marksmanship
- DPSST safe gun handling assessment
We then move into the live fire section of the course which covers the following topics:
- 2 handed sighted slow fire (accuracy analysis)
- single-handed firing dominant hand
- single-handed firing non-dominant hand
- shooting from kneeling positions
- controlled pairs
- close quarters un-sighted fire drills.
- focused accuracy drills
- shooting from behind cover
The culmination of the course is the Oregon DPSST PQC-1 Handgun Qualification Course. Each shooter has three attempts to successfully pass the PQC-1 handgun qualification course. If, for whatever reason, a shooter is unable to successfully pass the PQC-1 within acceptable scoring guidelines, they would have to schedule a time to come back to get three more attempts.
Upon completion of the DPSST Armed Security Course, each student will be provided all required paperwork which will need to be submitted to DPSST’s Private Security Division. If an applicant is submitting both the Unarmed and Armed application to DPSST at the same time, they would submit the following paperwork:
- PS-1 Application
- PS-6 Training Affidavit showing successful completion for both Unarmed and Armed (white copy goes to DPSST/Yellow copy goes to employer)
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- FD-258 Fingerprint Card (DFI instructors are fingerprint technicians and can lay fingerprints for an additional fee)
If an applicant is already is already currently certified as an Unarmed Private Security Professional through DPSST and are adding the Armed Certification, they would submit the following paperwork:
- PS-1 Application
- PS-6 Training Affidavit (white copy goes to DPSST/Yellow copy goes to employer)
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- PS-23 Change of Information
It is important to remember that class fees/range fees are paid directly to Defensive Firearms Instruction, which is separate from the state certification fee which is paid to DPSST Private Security upon submitting the application. If an applicant is submitting both the Unarmed and Armed application at the same time, the state fee is $106.25. If an applicant is adding an Armed Security certification, the state upgrade fee is $20.00. State fees need to be made payable to “DPSST Private Security”, and can be made payable by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check. Each student is required to submit their application within 180 days of the completion of the course and the DPSST Armed Security Certification is good for a period of two years.
- Students attending this course will receive documentation to apply for their Oregon Concealed Handgun License as part of the course. If a student wants to upgrade to get their Utah non-resident concealed firearm permit, which gives them the ability to carry in 30+ states, it would be an additional $20.00.
- All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class, and payment can be made online when signing up, or students can bring payment on the first day of class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly.
- Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization; be done by Clicking Here.
- Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment, contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
- Note pad and pen, valid form of photo ID
- Semi-automatic duty sized handgun chambered in .380 ACP, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 Auto (no revolvers)
- At least 2 magazines (if your magazine capacity is less than 6 rounds, bring 3 magazines)
- Holster and magazine pouch
- 150 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Belt and suitable clothing
- Valid form of photo ID
- Snacks, water and lunch
- Kneepads (optional)
If you are bringing your own ammunition, it is required to be jacketed ammunition. Ammunition and gear can also be purchased at Northwest Arsenal.
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/ear & eye protection) is available with advanced notice.
Note: Please ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased upon arrival for this course.
Be Prepared In Advance With LegalShield
Are you are a private citizen carrying a weapon for personal defense? Are you a private security professional working your job?
You should, too! It is imperative for individuals who carry firearms for personal defense to have legal backing. Even in the most clear-cut self-defense situations, if you end up in a defensive situation there is an incredibly high likelihood that attorneys are going to have to get involved. If you do not have legal backing set up in advance, it could cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to obtain legal defense. Our recommendation is to have LegalShield, which provides legal defense for any situation, to include defensive situations, for a low monthly fee.
Did you know that every member of our Defensive Firearms Instruction team personally carries LegalShield?
We recommend getting the base plan plus the gun owner supplement which totals $37.90 per month. Individuals who get this coverage can also add dependents and spouses to the plan and they get the same coverage for no additional cost. For independent contractors or company owners, you can get a business plan to provide coverage for your companies which starts out at $39.00 per month.
You may also like…
DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!