DPSST Unarmed Refresher Course in Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to attend the best DPSST Unarmed Refresher Course in Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming DPSST Unarmed Refresher Course in Springfield Oregon!
The DPSST Unarmed Security Refresher Course briefly goes over key topics covered in the initial 14 hour course. This course can be completed 180 days prior to the expiration of your current DPSST Unarmed certification. The course includes a lecture component as well as a 50 question closed book written examination. Students are required to score at least 85% on the written examination. We also cover new regulations and changes to DPSST policies and procedures, any updates to Oregon Revised Statutes, and Oregon Administrative Rules affecting currently certified Private Security Professionals. At Defensive Firearms Instruction we believe just passing the course doesn’t mean the student- instructor relationship ends. We are always here to answer any questions you may have regarding your license or material covered in the course.
Upon completion of the DPSST Unarmed Security Refresher Course, each student will be provided all required paperwork which will need to be submitted to DPSST’s Private Security Division.
- PS-21 Renewal Application
- PS-6 Training Affidavit (white copy goes to DPSST/Yellow copy goes to employer)
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- PS-23 Change of Information (if applicable)
It is important to remember that class fees are paid directly to Defensive Firearms Instruction, which is separate from the state certification fee, which is paid to DPSST Private Security upon submitting the application. The state fee of $65.00 which needs to be made out to “DPSST Private Security”, can be made payable by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check. If an individuals certification has been expired for less than 4 years, that individual would be required to submit an additional $25.00 late fee to DPSST Private Security with their application. If an individual has been expired for more than 4 years, that individual would be required to retake the full 14 hour DPSST Unarmed Security Course. Each student is required to submit their application prior to their expiration date, or within 180 days of the completion of the course. The DPSST Unarmed Security Certification is good for a period of two years. If the applicants Unarmed Security Certification is expired, they are not authorized to work as a Private Security Professional until their application has been submitted and they either have their physical card in hand and are listed with a company, or have received a PS-20 (temporary work permit) from their employer and a copy has been submitted to DPSST.
- All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly.
- Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit card
- Personal/Business check
- Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization; be done by Clicking Here.
- Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment, contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
- Valid form of Photo Identification
- DPSST Private Security Card
- Note Pad