DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield Oregon
Don’t miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming DPSST Unarmed Security Course in Springfield Oregon!
The DPSST Unarmed Security Course is the training you need before you can submit your application with the State to become certified as a Private Security Professional in the State of Oregon. The 16 hour class exceeds the Oregon DPSST minimum requirement of 14 hours and is conducted over a 2 day period. The lecture portion of the class includes topics such as:
- Standards for Unarmed Privater Security Professionals
- Regulatory Laws Pertinent to Private Security
- Introduction to Criminal and Civil Law
- Common Crimes Encountered by Security Professionals
- Person Crimes
- Search and Seizure
- Courtroom Testimony
- Report Writing
- Patrol Procedures
- Emergency Services
- Scene Management
- Fire Detection, Reporting & Safety
- Medical Emergencies
Students then take a closed book, 50 question, multiple choice test to ensure all information from the DPSST Unarmed Security Course was retained. Students are required to score at least 85% on the written examination.
Upon completion of the DPSST Unarmed Security Course, each student will be provided all required paperwork which will need to be submitted to DPSST’s Private Security Division.
- PS-1 Application
- PS-6 Training Affidavit (white copy goes to DPSST/Yellow copy goes to employer)
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- FD-258 Fingerprint Card (DFI Instructors are fingerprint technicians and can lay students fingerprints for an additional fee)
It is important to remember that class fees are paid directly to Defensive Firearms Instruction, which is separate from the state certification fee which is paid to DPSST Private Security upon submitting the application. the state fee of $106.25 which needs to be made out to “DPSST Private Security”, can be made payable by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check. Each student has to submit their application within 180 days of the completion of the course and the DPSST Unarmed Security Certification is good for a period of two years. Applicants are not authorized to work as a Private Security Professional until their application has been submitted and they either have their physical card in hand and are listed with a company, or have received a PS-20 (temporary work permit) from their employer and a copy has been submitted to DPSST. Individuals who are certified as a Private Security Professional can renew their certification 180 days prior to their certification expiring. The refresher training consists of 4 hours of in-class training.
- All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly by clicking here.
- Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit card
- Personal/Business check
- Money Order
- Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization; be done by Clicking Here.
- Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment, contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
- Valid form of Photo Identification
Protect yourself, your family, and your dependents from legal trouble.
Plans starting at $24.95/month. Click here to learn more and get a personal plan >>
Small Business Plans
Run your business with confidence for a low monthly fee.
Plans starting at $39.00/month. Click here to learn more and get a small business plan >>