Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification near Pendleton
Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course is the training you need before you can submit your application to become a state certified Private Security Professional.
The Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course is a 16 hour class conducted over two 8 hour days. Certification is good for 2 years upon application acceptance.
Course Topics Include
- Standards for Unarmed Private Security Professionals
- Regulatory Laws Pertinent to Private Security
- Introduction to Criminal and Civil Law
- Common Crimes Encountered by Security Professionals
- Person Crimes
- Search and Seizure
- Courtroom Testimony
- Report Writing
- Patrol Procedures
- Emergency Services
- Scene Management
- Fire Detection, Reporting & Safety
- Medical Emergencies
After the lecture portion of the course, students are then required to score at least 85% on a closed book, 50 question, multiple-choice test to ensure all information from the Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course is retained.
Important Course Information
Upon completion of the Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course, each student will be provided all required paperwork to be submitted to Oregon DPSST’s Private Security Division. Each student must submit their application packet within 180 days of the completion of the course. The packet must include:
- PS-1 Application for Licensure or Certification of Private Security Services Provider
- A completed FD-258 Fingerprint Card. DFI Instructors are fingerprint technicians and will complete fingerprints on the day of the course.
- The original Form PS-6 (Affidavit of Instructor and Private Security Provider Testing Results) documenting completion of the training.
- If currently employed, a completed Form PS-20 (Private Security Services Provider Temporary Work Permit).
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- Nonrefundable state license fee of $106.25 (Includes background check fee). THIS FEE IS SEPARATE FROM THE CLASS FEE AND MUST BE PAID DIRECTLY TO OREGON DPSST. Payment made out to “DPSST Private Security” can be made by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check.
Applicants are not authorized to work as a Private Security Professional until their application has been submitted and they either have their physical card in hand and are listed with a company or have received a PS-20 (temporary work permit) from their employer and a copy has been submitted to Oregon DPSST.
Individuals certified as a Private Security Professional can renew their certification 180 days prior to their certification expiring through the Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Refresher Course.
All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly.
Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit card
- Personal/Business check
- Money Order
Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization, be done by contacting us.
Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment. Contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
What To Bring
-Valid form of government issued Photo ID
-Lunch, snacks, and drinks
Live firearms and ammunition are not permitted during the course.
Optional Course Add On:
ASP Tactical Handcuff Course may be added to this course & completed the same day for an additional discounted fee. Select the option below to add this course.
Required Gear (For Handcuff Course)
- Handcuff pouch*
- Handcuff key*
- Duty belt for the handcuffs/pouch
- Comfortable clothing
- Shoes with good lateral support
*You can purchase these items directly from the official ASP website before attending the course.
*Rental gear is available with advance notice for an additional $15.