Defensive Handgun Tactics 2 near Sweet Home Oregon (Fall Special)
Defensive Handgun Tactics 2 is eight (8) hours of intermediate-level handgun training at a shooting range.
$225 ********** Fall Special: $150 **********
Prior to taking the Defensive Handgun Tactics 2 each student is required to complete Defensive Handgun Tactics 1 or an equivalent Level 1 course through a reputable company and demonstrate intermediate-level competency with a handgun. The main focus of this course is movement, utilizing cover/concealment, and clearing malfunctions on the fly.
Defensive Handgun Tactics 2 picks up where Defensive Handgun Tactics 1 left off. The course focuses on active fast-paced training designed to significantly increase each student’s proficiency using real-life scenario-based training. The course is light on lecture and heavy on live-fire drills, thus increasing the number of rounds fired over the one-day course.
Training begins with a quick live-fire accuracy analysis to ensure students are at a safe and competent level with respect to basic fundamentals and marksmanship before moving into live-fire training manipulations.
Live Fire Manipulations Include
- A four-step weapons presentation while moving offline of attack
- Active reloads and malfunction clearing while moving offline of attack and utilizing cover
- Firing under stress with an accelerated heart rate while in standing, kneeling, and urban prone positions and then properly fighting back up to a standing position
- Moving forward, laterally, and away from the line of attack while firing
- Backing away and laterally moving away from a close-quarters line of attack
The culmination of the course is a series of drills designed to incorporate the skills students have learned during the course.
To ensure the safety and longevity of our students, we can work around most physical limitations (contact us if you have concerns about limitations).
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive a certificate of completion.
Note: Certification does not meet the requirements under ORS 166.291 to obtain an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.
– Valid form of government issued Photo ID
– Handgun* with holster
– At least 3 magazines and magazine pouches
– At least 350+ rounds of ammunition*
– Spare pistol and ammo (optional)
– Cleaning kit (optional)
– Belt and suitable clothing that allows for movement (range is outdoors, dress for the weather)
– Shoes with good lateral support
– Hat with visor
– Eye and ear protection*
– Knee pads (optional)
– Sunscreen (optional)
– Sunglasses (optional)
– Notepad (optional)
– Pen (optional)
– Lunch, snacks, and drinks (refrigeration is unavailable. There is a market nearby for purchasing lunch)
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/eye & ear protection) is available for an additional fee and with advanced notice.
All firearms must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.