Defensive Carbine Tactics 1 near Sweet Home (Fall Special)
The Defensive Carbine Tactics 1 course is designed for all students: New shooters, combat veterans, and anything in between. The course will teach students how to employ a carbine/rifle in an urban environment.
$250 ********** Fall Special: $200 **********
The Defensive Carbine Tactics 1 course is eight (8) hours of entry-level carbine/rifle training at a shooting range. Our goal is to help students figure out the optimum setup for the environment they may find themselves in.
Prior to taking the Defensive Carbine Tactics 1 each student is required to complete Defensive Handgun Tactics 1 or an equivalent Level 1 course through a reputable company and demonstrate intermediate-level competency with a handgun.
Course Topics Include
- Mindset and philosophies of use when employing a firearm for self-defense.
- Different style carbines, gear, optics, and accessories
- Types of equipment to avoid
Dry Fire Manipulations Include
- Proper weapons handling
- Malfunction clearing
Live Fire Manipulations Include
- Establishing a zero and accuracy analysis
- Stances, methods of movement, shooting from kneeling/prone positions, shooting around cover
- Distance shooting drills
- Transitioning to your secondary weapon
- Multi-target acquisition drills
Our qualified staff will give each student individual guidance to ensure they have the tools for success during the duration of the class.
– Carbine (You do not need an AR-15 style carbine/rifle for this class as we can accommodate whatever platform you bring: AK, FAL, Tavor, Steyer AUG, Sig 556, Galil, HK, Ruger Mini 14/30, etc)
– 2+ Carbine magazines
– Magazine pouch (Chest rigs are ok)
– 350 rounds of Carbine ammunition
– 2 handgun magazines
– Magazine pouch
– 50 rounds of handgun ammunition
– Belt and suitable clothing (range is outdoors, dress for the weather)
– Shoes with good lateral support
– Knee pads (optional)
– Sunscreen (weather dependent)
– Hat with visor
– Eye and ear protection
– Lunch, snacks, and drinks (refrigeration is unavailable. There is a market nearby for purchasing lunch)
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/eye & ear protection) is available for an additional fee and with advanced notice.
All firearms must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.