NRA Basics Of Pistol Shooting near Bend & Redmond Oregon
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous pistol shooting experience.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting takes place over a single 8-hour day and is conducted on the range.
Course Topics Include
- Gun Safety Rules
- Proper Operation of Revolvers and Semi-Automatic Pistols
- Ammunition Knowledge and Selection
- Pistol Selection and Storage
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Pistol Inspection and Maintenance
- Shooting Range Safety
- Live-fire training
- A nationally standardized shooting qualification with an NRA Certified Instructor
Students Will Receive
- NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook
- Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Completion Certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor
NRA membership is not required for this course
Optional Course Add On:
Oregon CHL / Utah CFP Safety Training may be added to this course & completed the same day for an additional discounted fee. Select the option below to add this course.
– Valid form of government issued Photo ID
– 50 rounds of ammunition* (ammunition can be purchased from any local gun shop or sporting good retailer)
– Electronic ear protection and eye protection*
– Weather appropriate attire (closed-toed shoes, no low cut shirts)
– Sunscreen (weather dependent)
– Hat with visor
– Snacks and drinks
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/protection) is available with advanced notice.
If you do not currently own a handgun, we have handgun rentals that include ammunition as an option that you can select when signing up for this course. We recommend that if you do not own a handgun then take the course using one of our rentals. This will assist new shooters in learning what they need and want out of a firearm before they make a purchase.
All firearms brought to this course must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.