NRA First Steps Pistol Orientation near Eugene & Springfield Oregon
NRA First Steps Pistol Orientation teaches firearm instruction, responsibility, and safety training.
NRA FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific pistol action type.
Course Topics Include
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- Particular pistol model parts and operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Cleaning the pistol
- Continued opportunities for skill development
Students Will Receive
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules Brochure
- NRA Marksmanship Qualification Booklet
- FIRST Steps Course Completion Certificate
NRA membership is not required for this course.
– Valid form of government issued Photo ID
– 50 rounds of ammunition* (ammunition can be purchased from any local gun shop or sporting good retailer)
– Electronic ear protection and eye protection*
– Weather appropriate attire (closed-toed shoes, no low cut shirts)
– Sunscreen (weather dependent)
– Hat with visor
– Snacks and drinks
*Rental equipment (firearm/ammunition/protection) is available with advanced notice.
If you do not currently own a handgun, we have handgun rentals that include ammunition as an option that you can select when signing up for this course. We recommend that if you do not own a handgun then take the course using one of our rentals. This will assist new shooters in learning what they need and want out of a firearm before they make a purchase.
All firearms brought to this course must be unloaded and in a case or holster upon arrival. All firearms will remain in their case or holster until specifically directed to be taken out under the guidance of a DFI instructor.