Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification Refresher near Pendleton
Enroll in the DPSST Unarmed Security Refresher Certification course to renew your certification.
The Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification refresher course is 4-hours of training that briefly goes over key topics covered in the initial 2-day course. The refresher course can be completed 180 days prior to the expiration of your current DPSST Unarmed Security Certification. Certification is good for 2 years upon application acceptance.
Course Topics Include
- Lecture component covering key topics from the initial 2-day course.
- New regulations
- DPSST changes to policies and procedures
- Updates to Oregon Revised Statutes
- Oregon Administrative Rules affecting currently certified Private Security Professionals
Students are required to score at least 85% on the 50 question closed book written examination.
Important Course Information
Upon completion of the Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course, each student will be provided all required paperwork to be submitted to Oregon DPSST’s Private Security Division. Each student must submit their application packet prior to their expiration date, or within 180 days of the completion of the course. The packet must include:
- PS-21 Renewal Application
- PS-6 Affidavit of Instructor and Private Security Provider Testing Results documenting completion of the training.
- PS-27 Code of Ethics
- PS-23 Change of Information (if applicable)
- Nonrefundable state license fee of $65.00 (Includes background check fee). THIS FEE IS SEPARATE FROM THE CLASS FEE AND MUST BE PAID DIRECTLY TO OREGON DPSST. Payment made out to “DPSST Private Security” can be made by Money Order, DPSST Credit Card Form, Cashier’s Check, or Business Check.
- If an individual’s certification has expired for less than 4 years, that individual is required to submit an additional $25.00 late fee to DPSST Private Security with their application.
- If an individual’s certification has expired for more than 4 years, that individual is required to retake the initial 2-day DPSST Unarmed Security Certification course.
If the applicant’s Unarmed Security Certification is expired, they are not authorized to work as a Private Security Professional until their application has been submitted and they either have their physical card in hand and are listed with a company, or have received a PS-20 (temporary work permit) from their employer and a copy has been submitted to DPSST.
All students are required to sign up online in advance to reserve a seat in the class. For assistance signing up for any Defensive Firearms Instruction class, please contact us directly.
Payment for the course is required either in advance upon signing up online, or due by the first day of class. Defensive Firearms Instruction has the ability to accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card/Debit card
- Personal/Business check
- Money Order
Invoicing for companies can, with prior authorization, be done by contacting us.
Defensive Firearms Instruction is currently working with multiple organizations that can assist individuals with class and State Fee tuition costs. To inquire about eligibility, please visit your local county WorkSource office or Vocational Rehabilitation office.
Private courses are available with advance notice and are subject to increased class fees or minimum student enrollment. Contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
What To Bring
– Valid form of government issued Photo ID
– Current DPSST Private Security Identification Card
Live firearms and ammunition are not permitted during the course.